Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Banana Yumminess

Yumminess is actually a word! At least according to the on-line dictionary I checked (lol). And I think it truly describes banana bread.

For some unknown reason, I have been on a banana bread kick lately. I think it might have started when Deanna posted her Nanny's Banana Bread recipe on the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum and I gave it a try. It was probably the best banana bread I have ever had. But, with 2/3 cup of butter in it, I have decided to save her recipe for company only!

For everyday banana bread I use a recipe that I have had for a long time. It only has 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil in it, so I can convince myself it is much healthier for me! Plus if you add semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, it is far healthier than if you add milk chocolate chips. (See how I justify my sweets!)

Here is my recipe for banana bread if you want to give it a try :)

BANANA BREAD

2-1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1-1/4 cups mashed bananas (2 - 3 medium)
Chocolate Chips to taste
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of loaf pan, 9 x 5 x 3-inches, or 2 loaf pans, 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches.

Mix all ingredients; beat 30 seconds. Pour into pan(s). Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 9-inch loaf about 65-70 minutes, 8-inch loaf about 60 minutes; cool slightly.

Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack before slicing or storing. To store, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate no longer than 1 week.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Nice, yes Nanny's banana bread is only for special occasions! LOL
    Yours though i could eat everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy! Will you be bringing some of that into the store to share with your BFF?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOO going to try this recipe! Thanks Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound good! I recently tried a whole wheat banana bread that was really good, I think it would be better with chocolate chips though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...