Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Chicken-Kale Pasta

Today was a good day!  Not only did I get my hair done, but I found a great recipe in a magazine that I read at the hair salon. When I looked at the recipe it had all the ingredients that I love - pasta, chicken, cheese, tomatoes!  Plus, when I realized that the recipe was one of Ree Drummond's (The Pioneer Woman) I knew it had to be good.

So, no, I did not rip the recipe out of the magazine - although I will admit to doing that once or twice in my lifetime - but my hair dresser photocopied it for me.  Then I gave it a try for dinner.


It was absolutely delicious!  The tomatoes and kale are barely cooked, so they stay nice and fresh.  Plus the 'sauce' is just chicken broth, white wine and Parmesan.  Not heavy at all and soooooo good!!

Here is the recipe if you would like to give it a try.

Chicken-Kale Pasta

Ingredients:
1 - 16-oz. package whole-wheat or regular penne pasta
4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut in 1-in. pieces
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 Tbsp. each extra virgin olive oil and unsalted butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup dry white wine
5 oz. kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup (4 oz.) shaved Parmesan cheese
Garnish: shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions:
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to Dutch oven; cover and keep warm.

Season chicken with salt and pepper.  Cook chicken in a single layer in hot oil and melted butter in a large skillet over high heat, without stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.  Turn chicken; cook 2 minutes or until done.  Transfer chicken to a plate.

Add garlic to skillet.  Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds.  Add broth and wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet.  Simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.  Add kale, stirring until kale wilts.

Add kale mixture to reserved pasta.  Stir in tomatoes, 1 cup Parmesan and reserved chicken; toss gently.  Top and serve with additional shaved Parmesan, if desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...