Thursday, August 14, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Apparently my blog has become a card/scrapbook page blog and nothing else!  That was never my intention as I have always wanted to share more than just my paper crafting when I started my blog.  But, as busy as life is, and as much as I have to share, I just never seem to find the time to sit down and post anything other than my cards and pages.

Today, though, I am sharing my recipe for Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Cookies.  This recipe goes way back, long before the internet was a household item.  My sister Dianne, who had always wanted to open her own bakery, found this copy-cat recipe and we have enjoyed our own version of Mrs. Field's cookies for many years!


These cookies are just the perfect mix of crispy/chewy and the added ground oatmeal makes them extra yummy!  You can also add chopped nuts if you like and as much chocolate as your taste buds crave!  Here is the recipe for you to enjoy.

Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/4 cups oatmeal
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4-cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2-cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Directions
Cream butter and sugars.  Add egg and vanilla and mix well.

Take 1-1/4 cups oatmeal and blend small amounts at a time in food processor until it turns to a powder.  Combine oatmeal, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.  Add dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture and mix well.

Add chocolate chips and nuts and mix.

Place golf ball sized amounts on ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake at 375 degrees for 11 minutes or just until golden brown.  Remove from oven, let rest for 1-2 minutes and transfer to rack to cool.

Note:  One batch will make approximately 22 cookies.  You will want to at least double this recipe.  These will go fast!



3 comments:

  1. This looks yummy. I will try it...up to now I have considered people who bake as people that possess a super power :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Saved for one of those 'cookie required' kinda days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...