Saturday, May 3, 2014

National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop

Welcome to the Two Scrapbook Friends National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop! You should have started the Hop at the Two Scrapbook Friends Blog and arrived here from Tracy's blog.  Didn't you just love her repeating photos and elements!


If you got lost along the way, here is the list of blogs participating in the hop:

S = Amanda
C = Jayne
R = Tracy
A = Joanne (you are here!)
P = Carolyn
P = Christa
Y = Shelby

My letter is "A" and my technique/element is Anything Textured. I just love texture on my scrapbook pages!  I love the dimension and the feel that it adds to my designs.

Here is the layout that I created using lots of texture.


I began by adding a pattern to my background paper using a stencil and some texture paste. 


Then I splattered some teal paint over the same areas to pull some colour from my pattern papers into the background.  All the pattern papers are from a gorgeous collection by Amy Tangerine called Plus One. 


I also added some sequins, foam alphas, a wooden heart and some buttons to my page. All items that are perfect for adding additional texture.


A fun addition to my design was the use of cheesecloth.  I just cut a piece and placed it behind my photo, letting it show in a few places.  Cheesecloth is a great way to add texture to a layout!  


I also added some machine stitching in a couple of places.


If you haven't tried using texture on your pages you really should!  It adds so much interest to your layouts.

And now you should hop over to Carolyn's blog. She has a great scrapbooking technique to share with you!

Remember to leave a comment on each blog as you go. This way you will qualify to be in a draw for a fabulous Blog Hop prize. Have fun hopping!




21 comments:

  1. Beautiful Textures you have used on your FAB layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much goodness here! I love it all but the best part is that fantastic pic of a great couple. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout! The stars are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout! And I agree with Carolyn, the stars are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Packed with elements I love.....great page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing page! Such talent! Love the idea. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic LO
    Love the colours & b&w
    Nice texture & embellies

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing picture of a beautiful couple!! You look so happy and in love! You captured this picture wonderfully with colour and texture! Thanks for sharing. Happy NSD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable page of you and your hubby. Love the texture of stars.. Great page Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing Joanne!! I am thrilled with your use of technique and I love the stars. You are ever so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Love all the textures you used and just the pops of colour here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so wonderful, Joanne! I just love all the texture you added, especially the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning layout Joanne. So many great elements to see on your page. I love the stencil you used with the modelling paste it looks amazing on the background. I have to get some cheesecloth. I have wanted to try using that for sometime. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love every bit of texture on this layout! Such a beautiful photo :). And this paper line is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a gorgeous page mf...you and you dh make such a handsome couple!!
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the texture!Great inspiration, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love everything about this page!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this layout! Cool use of cheese cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This is gorgeous Joanne!! I love what you did with the texture paste!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...