Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Little Red Wagon #233

Happy Wednesday!  Jayne's challenge this week at Little Red Wagon is to create anything with an Easter theme. I decided I needed some decorations for our dining room so I made up an Easter banner. 

I really wanted to keep it simple, so I began by choosing three colours that would work with my decor - teal, lime and yellow.  Then I cut the banner pieces on my Silhouette and added a paper doily with a letter to each one.


Next, I took three rolls of washi tape (in teal, yellow and lime) and added a strip to the top of each banner piece.  I also decided to add three extra banner pieces with rabbit silhouettes on them. I love how they turned out!



In order to thread my ribbon through the banner, I punched 1/2-inch circles near the corner of each piece.  When I saw the brightly coloured circles the punching left behind, I decided to add them randomly to the letters :)



I hope you give this week's challenge a try.  Create something with an Easter theme and then link it up at Little Red Wagon.  We love to see your creations!

Have a Happy Easter!



6 comments:

  1. This is just fantastic Joanne!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW! Love it! Love the colour you chose! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous banner, Joanne! I love the added the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for an Easter decoration. I love the colours you selected. Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now doesn't that look pretty! I look forward to the photo's of the matching table decor! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...