Monday, February 3, 2014

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

Over the Christmas holidays, and into the new year, I have been trying lots of new recipes.  I am somewhat obsessed with Pinterest and all the amazing food that I see on there, so my kitchen has become a bit of a test kitchen in the last couple of months.

One recipe that I really loved was for Lemon Crinkle Cookies!  Mmmm!  Can you say yummy mummy?


These cookies have a delicious, lemony flavor and a crispy, chewy texture!  And the best part is that they are super easy to make with ingredients that you likely have in your pantry already.

I made these cookies for a scrapbooking day I attended and I packaged some of them in some small canning jars for a couple of special friends. 


I decorated the tops of the jars and then I stacked the cookies in them.  It made a nice presentation and my friends were quite happy to receive these delicious little gifts :)


Here is the recipe for these luscious, lemony delights ~

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Large Egg
1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice, Fresh
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease light colored baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again. Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly.

Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.

Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte {not melty or shiny}. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Enjoy :)



4 comments:

  1. Yummy yummy, for sure! Thanks for the treat! P.S. I have to admit that I never shared them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. As soon as I discover my baking super power I might just try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look and sound amazing! For sure I will try making them. Also, I may have to steal your super cute packaging idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...