Saturday, January 18, 2014

2013 Book List

Reading is one of my favorite hobbies.  I like it as much as I do scrapbooking or gardening or any of the other very exciting activities in my life! lol  I feel fortunate to belong to a great Book Club as it forces me to read genre's outside of my norm and I love the lively discussions that result from our picks. (The food and wine we enjoy at our meetings aren't bad either!)


I like to keep track of the books I read on the side-bar of my blog and at the end of the year I copy the list into a blog post.

Here is my list for 2013:
  • The Lies We Told by Diane Chamberlain
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth
  • Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer
  • The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain
  • The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
  • Reunion by Karen Kingsbury
  • The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
  • The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein (BC)
  • The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (BC)
  • Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
  • The Housmaid's Daughter by Barbara Mutch
  • The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan
  • Divine by Karen Kingsbury
  • He's Gone by Deb Caletti
  • The Road to Home by Vanessa Del Fabbro
  • The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers
  • More Than You Know by Nan Rossiter
  • Invisible by Carla Buckley
  • A Promise of Safekeeping by Lisa Dale
  • Remember by Karen Kingsbury
  • Redemption by Karen Kingsbury
  • The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow by Rita Leganski (BC)
  • I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak (BC)
  • A Sweethaven Christmas by Courtney Walsh
  • The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury
  • Sanctuary by David and Beverly Lewis
  • The Chance by Karen Kingsbury
  • Ask Again Later by Jill A. Davis
  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Hadden (BC)
  • The Arrivals by Meg Mitchell Moore
  • Secrets by Robin Jones Gunn
  • Lethal by Sandra Brown
  • One Week in December by Holly Chamberlin
  • Hidden by Shelley Shepard Gray
  • The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (BC)
  • Carmel by the Sea by Sandra Briker
  • The Bridesmaid by Beverley Lewis
  • Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander
  • One Summer by David Baldacci
  • Reunion by Therese Fowler
  • Left Neglected by Lisa Genova (BC)
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel
  • Breaking the Silence by Diane Chamberlain
  • Where She Went by Gayle Forman
  • Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (BC)
  • The Fiddler by Beverley Lewis
  • Return by Karen Kingsbury
  • Rejoice by Karen Kingsbury
  • The Parting by Beverly Lewis
  • The Forbidden by Beveryly Lewis
  • The Longing by Beverly Lewis
  • BC = Book Club Pick
Clearly I had lots of time to read!

I was fortunate enough to receive a couple of good books for Christmas, so I already have something to start off the new year with!  And in case you are wondering, that is not a photo of my reading space.  But it is a photo of a reading space that I would love to have someday!



3 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing list Joanne. I haven't been as active as I would like with my reading. I will keep an eye on your reading list throughout the year for when I need a new selection. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is a lot of books...which ones do you highly recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynette, Karen Kingsbury is one of my all-time favorite authors. Any of her books will be highly enjoyed. Beverly Lewis is also great - her stories normally take place in Amish country in Pennsylvania. They are lovely Christian based stories that truly take you back to a simpler time. Diane Chamberlain is a new author for me and I am enjoying her books very much. Have fun reading :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...