Friday, August 31, 2012

Nothing Wishy About Washi!

I adore Washi Tape! It is just so easy and fun to play with and there are so many different ways that you can use it on your cards or layouts. I made a couple of cards recently using washi tape and I love how they turned out.

For the first one, I created a sun element using washi tape, a cardstock circle and a button.




I also used the tape to create a banner pattern at the bottom of the card. This worked really well with the chipboard banner pieces I used.



Then I tried a new technique for creating flowers with washi tape.


I started with a circle that I punched out of cardstock. Then I started adding the washi tape along the outer edge of the circle, pleating it as I followed the circle shape.


I created the flower centers by simply adding washi tape to cardstock and punching out different size circles.

The washi tape, chipboard and Happiness Is banner are all from MME, The Sweetest Thing collection.

For more great ideas check out this post on the Two Scrapbook Friends blog! Then pick up some washi tape and have fun creating!!




3 comments:

  1. Love the washi tape flowers! and that sun is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the washi tape Joane. Especially the pleated flowers. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool to have simple tape but so many ways you can do with them!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...