Sunday, October 2, 2011

Book Club Fun

Belonging to a Book Club has been an interesting and enjoyable experience. This past month was my turn to pick the book and host the discussion time. I chose the book The Help. It was a fabulous read and I also enjoyed seeing the movie with my Movie Club!

While I was thinking about hosting the club for our discussion about the book, I saw that my friend Donna-Marie was offering a cooking class at her new studio, Relish Cooking Studio, called Recipes from The Help! How perfect! Our Book Club readily agreed that we would sign up for a night of southern cooking and discuss the book at the same time.

Relish Cooking Studio is an amazing place! The decor is gorgeous and the evening of cooking was wonderful. Here are a few photos that I took while we were there ~













Yes, our evening ended with a piece of Two Slice Chocolate Pie (without the Terrible Awful!).

If you ever have a chance to visit Relish Cooking Studio you won't be disappointed! They have a number of great classes coming up and they sell the finest in cookware, spices, chocolate, utensils, etc.

Now I am off to grab a cup of coffee and start reading our next book, Irma Voth, by Miriam Toews. I hope it is good!

5 comments:

  1. Perfect timing! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place and like a fab. way to spend an evening with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Donna-Marie's place looks great. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow looks like a wonderful experience all around! I still haven't read it, but the movie was great. I'd love to check out your friend's studio too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...