Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Little Red Wagon #81

Avril has challenged us this week to make something using a tree! I have been really inspired by some of the DT work at TSF recently, so I decided to use some of their ideas (trees, stitching, paint splatters, etc.) and I created this single page layout.


The cardstock and stickers I have had in my wagon for a while, but the paper is a newer line from Pink Paislee - Hometown Summer. I absolutely fell in love with this line from the moment I saw it and I couldn't wait to get my creative hands on it!

I began with a sheet of Kraft Cardstock that I altered with some cream paint splatters. (Love it!!!) Then I used the Cricut to cut out the tree and clouds - thanks to Avril who lent me her April Showers cartridge :)


For a finishing touch I wanted to try making a very cool butterfly using a small wooden spool and some butterfly shapes. For a complete tutorial on how to make this butterfly, check out the Two Scrapbook Friends Blog/Forum this coming Friday. Christa is doing an awesome video showing you how to make them!


Then some stickers, chipboard, buttons and stitching and I am quite happy with the result!

Why not join us at Little Red Wagon this week? Just create something using a tree and link it up! We would love to see what you make :)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Joanne. Especially love that little butterfly and the stitching on the tree and cloud ... not to mention the handsome man in the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hottie! The page is pretty cool too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout! I especially love the stitching. The butterfly is super cute too. Great job :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh, I love that butterfly! Can't wait to see the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the elements here Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! Love the tree!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...