Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Kind of Town

Chicago is one of my favorite cities! I am so glad that the Summer Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show is held there each year and that I have the opportunity to revisit this amazing city year after year.

A couple of years ago, after a long day at the show, we drove down to the Navy Pier to have a look around. The sun was just starting to set and the skyline of the city was absolutely beautiful. I took quite a few pictures but had not scrapbooked any of them - until now :)

The Wander collection from Basic Grey made me remember my photos from Chicago, so a couple of weeks ago I did up this layout.

The paper and embellies from this line, lent themselves perfectly to my photo.

It is a great line for layering the papers and stickers.

I hand cut around the buildings in the paper and used foam pop dots to adhere it, adding dimension to the page.

PLUS - the word paper actually had Chicago on it, so I used it to create the title on my layout!

Thanks for looking ~


8 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like this layout. The paper is perfect for the photos. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Joanne, I love the little details on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous layout!! Love the paper you used to match your gorgeous picture of Chicago!! Awesome details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Chicago too! What a gorgeous layout and those papers are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...