Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Mantelscape

Our mantel and fireplace are fairly new - only a couple of years old - and I absolutely love being able to decorate it for the different seasons! Especially at Christmas! This year I added a couple of new things and it has created a lovely setting.

One thing that I did was purchase a small print on canvas that has a wonderful Christmas farmhouse and barn scene. Then I remembered an antique window frame that I had picked up a few years ago and I thought they might go really well together. I added the frame to my wall and then centered the print in the middle of it and I was really happy with the results!

Then I placed my garland with lights, some decorative boxes and old St. Nick.

Last, but not least, I hung the stockings that I made in my pre-scrapbooking life!

All together it has created a warm and comfortable feel. Now, on to the rest of my decorating...

"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there." Clement Clarke Moore


2 comments:

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...