Friday, December 17, 2010

Canning Jar Crazy!

A very sweet friend recently inherited a crazy number of antique canning jars from her father and she did not want to keep them all. So being the nice person that I am, I quickly offered to take them from her and put them to good use. I love antique canning jars and I have been picking up the odd one here and there over the years. So for me to receive five large boxes full of these wonderful treasures was like winning the lottery!

I have used a couple of them in my scrap room to hold some ribbon and buttons.

And now that Christmas is here, I have been getting creative with some of the smaller ones. I was blog hopping a while ago and I saw a very simple idea for using a canning jar as a candle holder. So with some twine, Epsom salt and a tea light, I created these great candles for my Christmas table.

I love the character of the different jars and when the tea light is lit, the names show up perfectly! I added a little tag that I made to the middle one and tied twine around the other two.

I put one in my family room as well. It looks really sweet with my Christmas decorations :)

Then I decided to get creative and make up little gifts for the guests at my Tea.

I added two tea bags to each, a red one and a green one, along with some Kris Kringle chocolate balls and a candy cane. Then some twine and a tag and it was the perfect gift to give to each of my friends.

I even used one to hold some candy canes! I am sure this is just the beginning of the fun I am going to have using my canning jars.

Thank you Darcy for passing them along to me! I will think of you each time I use one :)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love how homey they feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Shelby! That is probably why I like them so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mine... I enjoyed my treats and I will enjoy the candle and jar now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea! They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! SO beautiful! I love it!
    Laureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love these old jars. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the treats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...