Monday, May 31, 2010

Home Sweet Home

It is nice sometimes to deviate from the norm. To do something different than we normally do. That is why I loved it when I started making cards. It was different from my regular scrapbooking. That is also why I so enjoyed working on a home decor project recently!

We received some 7 Gypsies 12 x 12 black photo trays in our store and I decided to make one up to be used for a class. I had so much fun mixing papers, lace, buttons, stickers, twine, brads, stitching, quilting and die-cuts!

Each little 4 x 6 space became a special creation with each one representing something related to my home!

For an added touch I found some chipboard keys that I Glimmer Misted and hung from the top.

too.much.fun!

It is nice to work on our scrapbooks, but it is also nice to showcase our paper crafting outside the album once in a while. My finished project is going to make a perfect addition to the entryway in our home.

So, what special projects/crafts have you been working on besides your regular scrapbooking?

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! if you want we can swap altered projects! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is gorgeous. All the little details add up to one fantastic project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a wonderful job my friend. It is going to look beautiful hanging in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Joanne - you are so creative and clever (for example a certain Christmas wreath from a couple of years ago!!) I started making gemstone and glass bead bracelets. I gave one to each of my friends as a thank you on my birthday and they all loved them. Then I made some with my nieces and they had a blast with them! Now I am going to take the boys shopping for beads so they can make one for each of their teachers as end of school gift. I LOVE being crafty! (wink wink)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally stunning and even more amazing in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that is beautiful...I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...