Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Little Red Wagon Challenge #19

It's time for another challenge at Little Red Wagon - my favorite challenge blog! This week Avril challenged us to use fabric on our project.

This is what I like about Little Red Wagon. The challenges really make me think outside the box, scrap outside the lines, try something I have never done before! I have never used fabric on a card or layout before, and I didn't want to use something pre-made. So I dug deep into my wagon and found some fabric I had bought a while ago when I thought I might make up some place mats and/or napkins in a bright Springy color. I cut the fabric into little squares and incorporated them into my card.

I started with a plain white card base and then I used my ScorPal to create a grid pattern on the front. I added my fabric squares and then stitched over them with my sewing machine. To finish, I added a button and a sentiment. It's different and it was fun!

Thanks Avril for a great challenge! Be sure to check out what the other Girlfriends have done - I am sure you will be inspired to try something new :)


10 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love this card. You did a great job with the fabric challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! great use of the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh... I am totally in love with your card! Such a cool idea of mixing the fabric squares with the scored markings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and creative! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! LOVE the colors and the one button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the pinking shears on the fabric squares...so appropriate for fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...