Friday, January 1, 2010

Little Red Wagon Challenge #9

Happy New Year!

It has been a very busy week and I have been enjoying time with my family celebrating Christmas and New Years. I woke up early this morning to see soft, huge snowflakes slowly falling outside my window and I thanked God for the gentle beauty of the day. What a wonderful way to start the New Year - with everything clean and white! A new beginning!

I finally finished my card for this week's challenge at Little Red Wagon. It was Rosanne's turn for the challenge and she wanted us to use flowers. I thought it was a great challenge (who doesn't love flowers?) and I wanted to try a new technique. This is my card.

I cut out three circles, folded them up around a pencil eraser that I held in the middle of each. This gave them some dimension. Then I painted the edges with white paint and layered them. I did the same with the leaves, using two layers.

I chose some bright Basic Grey paper and I used a Stamping Bella stamp for the sentiment. Thanks for a fun challenge Rosanne!

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Joanne! What a beautiful card, love your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you created your flowers... and the leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting technique . Lovely result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love the bright but warm colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I think I am going to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...