Friday, October 9, 2009

Sweet Indulgence

I couldn't help myself! I had a craving for ice cream and I had a coupon! It was a 2 for 1 so I begged my son to go with me to the Marble Slab Creamery and I have no regrets.

The Marble Slab Creamery is fairly new in our city and I had heard many good reviews about their ice cream. It is "hand-crafted daily in small batches in-store using the freshest ingredients for the richest flavor". (Yes, that is a quote from their web-site.) When I noticed that they had a coupon, I decided it was time to give them a try (or maybe it was my hormones that decided it!).

Marble Slab is known for its huge selection of mix-in possibilities. You choose the flavor of ice cream that you want and then you can choose any number of decadent additions that they mix into your ice cream right in front of you. Of course they work on a frozen marble slab, hence the name of their store.

I went with Vanilla Bean ice cream and added in a peanut butter cup, chopped pecans and chocolate chips. Oh my!

Then I had it served in a fresh waffle bowl.

My son got their Snickerdoodle creation; vanilla ice cream with Snickers candy bar and caramel sauce. They were both equally delicious!

Yes, it was truly an indulgence and I would definitely go again. Although I think I'll wait until my arteries clear a bit before I justify my next visit. In the meantime, I will dream about the possible combination of goodies that I will have them mix in :)

8 comments:

  1. Sonds like a yummy combo!Their cakes are really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm that looks yummy. I think that's the same idea as the Tim Hortons - Cold stone creamery. They do something similar, so I hear, I haven't had a chance to visit on yet, as there aren't too many of them around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a Marble Slab right behind our house and I have yet to go. I have been resisting but seeing your photos makes my resistance weaken! YUMMY

    ReplyDelete
  4. see being in a small town, we dont have these awesome things, that looks so yummy friend, glad you were able to indulge in something you truly love..

    ReplyDelete
  5. reading posts like this makes me wish i wasn't lactose intollerant!! looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious!!!! Did I hear someone say field trip?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure Samantha! I'll drive the bus! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE Marble Slab ice cream!!! Sweet Indulgence indeed! :) (And I hear there are no calories when you eat it with someone you love!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...