Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Card Making Fun!

Last night was awesome! Carolyn, Karan, Audrey and I got together with Regan, Deanna, Avril and Rosanne for a card making night. I think we talked and laughed more than we worked on our cards, but it was the most fun I have had in a long time!

Regan and Deanna very graciously showed us the basics of using Copic markers and now I am totally hooked on them! I was even able to make up a couple of cards using the images that I stamped and colored with Copics.

For my first card, I decided to use this week's sketch from 2sketches4you.

Then I used a delightful owl stamp that Regan had and her Copics. She had to walk me through choosing the colors and how to do the blending, but I think I did pretty good for my first go.

I also used papers and a sentiment from PTI, Tim Holtz Distress Ink and Prism Cardstock. The button and twine were from my stash. I am not sure who I will give the card to, but this adorable little owl sure puts a smile on my face!

Thanks for a great evening friends - I can't wait to do it again!

10 comments:

  1. What a cute card Joanne! Thanks too for a fun evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Deanna cause my throat is raw from last night! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my..so much fun..you did fantasic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card couldn't be cuter! what a fun night!! great work with the Copics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a fab job with the copics! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute image on your card, i've always wanted to try copics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! You did a great job with the sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is awesome, i love it,, and i love how it turned out

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could have been there! I NEED a lesson on copics! Your card is adorable! I love the owl and I love your "coloring"

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous love that image well done. TFP over at 2sketches4you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...