Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Cool Dude

I have been able to finish up a couple of layouts that I have been wanting to do. The first one I started about a month ago (yikes!) when Karan posted a sketch on the TSF Forum for an impromptu on-line crop. I thought the sketch was awesome and I knew which photo I wanted to use, it just took me a bit longer than I thought to finish it!

This is the sketch (published with permission)

and this is my layout:

This has always been one of my favorite photos of my dh and I am glad that I was finally able to use it on a page! I used papers from the Andrea Victoria line by My Minds Eye, chipboard title and stars from Scrap FX, Maya Road Mist, a Prima gemstone swirl, rub-ons from Kaiser Craft and mini alpha's from Rose Moka.

I also did another layout based on a challenge posted for this month's on-line crop at TSF. This photo was posted as inspiration for a layout.

I loved the colors as soon as I saw it and I thought they would be perfect for a layout using a photo from our recent trip to Myrtle Beach.

I used some new papers from Basic Grey's Lemonade line, BoBunny Dot paper, a Jenni Bowlin journal card, chipboard hearts from Riff Raff, mini alpha's from Rose Moka and flowers from Prima. I love the layout and the photo makes me smile because I remember what I was whispering to him (and I will never tell!).

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. awesome job friend, love both layouts...grat photos of you and wayne...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! Such great layouts and I love the "whisper" photo as it's such a fun and personal moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your layouts are beautiful and the picture of you and your husband is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout! That is a great pic of you guys!

    Hmmm interesting sketch... I am a big fan of sketches! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love the photo! The layouts (both) are great, but I love the photo of you and Wayne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photo and gorgeous lo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...