Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Sunday Drive

The sun was shining, the air was warm and Spring fever took hold of us! We had a whole day ahead with nothing planned so we decided to take a drive to visit my sister-in-law and her husband. JoAnne and Archie retired this past summer to a beautiful area near Bobcaygeon, Ontario and we don't get to see them that often.

The 2-1/2 hour drive was wonderful - light traffic, lots of scenery and wonderful signs of spring all around us. After we arrived at their home we enjoyed a lovely afternoon visiting, having lunch and becoming familiar with their new surroundings.

Their house is situated with their back yard on a canal, where they dock their boat in the summer, and they are right across the street from beautiful Pigeon Lake.

With just a little neighbourhood park and beach between them and the lake, they have a full view of the water at all times.

Even though there was still ice on the lake, the fact that I was standing on a beach after a long winter made me want to put down a towel and do some sunbathing! My family was greatly relieved that I resisted the urge though!!!

I think the sun and the water put everyone in a good mood. My guys even willingly gave me a smile for the camera!


As we walked around the neighborhood, we met a sweet litter of puppies! They were too cute and of course my son wanted to take one home. But at $1,500.00 a piece, there wasn't a chance!

The ducks were taking advantage of the thawed area where the canal meets the lake.

When our visit was over, we said our good-buys and drove off into the sunset. I was filled with a real sense of well-being, having reconnected with family and having spent time enjoying a wonderful Spring-like day.

5 comments:

  1. Joanne, that's where I grew up... Lakeview Estates on Pigeon Lake! I hope your family is enjoying it there! You'll have to make sure you visit them in the summer - it's a great place to relax and just be. Great photos too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!!!!! I was there once in the summer and it was beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had a little get away to see some family, even for one day--you deserve it... much!!
    ~sue~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound like it was a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like its a beautiful place to visit...so glad you had some family time, nice to get away from the everyday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...