Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Sister, My Friend

My sister Mary and her two daughters came for a visit this past weekend! The girls had the week off of school so they arrived on Thursday and we spent four wonderful days with each other.

So what do sisters do when they get together for a weekend visit? Whatever we want! That is the beauty of it - with sisters, you don’t have to plan. You don’t have to fill each moment being entertained, because just being together is the best part. You can sit and catch up on all that is new, share some laughs and some tears, talk about hopes and dreams, and feel totally content just being in each other’s company.

While we enjoyed a lot of quiet, unhurried, sister time, we did manage to do a couple of other things as well.
  1. We watched the movie Changeling. Definitely not a feel-good movie, but it elicited many strong emotions as you identified with the mother whose son went missing and her struggles with a corrupt police department in the 1920s. Great acting and highly recommended although when it was over we just looked at each other and said, “Wow, that was intense!”

  2. We went shopping! Yes, we went to the mall for a while on Friday. Seriously, it was calling our names and we couldn’t resist!!

  3. From the mall we went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic - rather appropriate, don’t you think?

    It was hilarious and we couldn’t identify with the main character at all (lol)! Neither of us had read the book so we didn’t have any expectations and we found it to be very entertaining. Much lighter than Changeling!

  4. We tried out a new brownie recipe. It is a cheesecake brownie that is incredible! What would a sister’s weekend be without chocolate?


  5. We got together with a few friends on Saturday night and scrapbooked! Well, actually, we got together and talked and laughed until our sides hurt and ate all sorts of yummy treats, and got just a bit of scrapbooking done. It was an awesome time and I am so glad that many of my friends love Mary as much as I do!

  6. We played Scrabble. Mary and I happen to be Scrabble addicts and while we wanted to play earlier in the weekend, we didn’t fit in a game until Sunday morning as we were having our breakfast. Her daughter, Sarah, joined in and we had fun making up words that may or may not exist! (Thank goodness for the Official Scrabble Dictionary!!!)

The only bad part about a visit from my sister, is having to say good-bye when it is time for her to leave. I find my heart aches when she goes and all I can do is look forward to the next time we can visit again...

In the meantime, Scrabble anyone?

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a wonderful visit with your sister. I wish the weekend hadn't gone by so quickly though. Sounds like a lot of fun and the brownies look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful way to bring some warmth into a cold cold weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend Joanne!
    K, so lets see some of those layouts now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEHE we did have lots of laughs i think my side still hurts haha! I am so glad that you and Mary are so close and had such a good time:) I know what you mean about saying good bye Me and my sister are really close too! But it just makes your time spent together that much better:)

    Do you suppose I could get that yummy brownie recipe from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing Mary again, she is the kind of person you fall in love with after first meeting, Im so glad i had the chance to see her again and so glad you have so many memories to cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such nice words about your sister. I am sure she feels the same for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...