Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Outside My Door...

We had our first official snow fall last night. Yes, the white stuff was covering our lawn when I woke up this morning. Luckily, while I was away cropping on Saturday, my dh was busy doing the the fall cleanup in our yard. He emptied all of our flower pots (there are at least 20 of them as I love container gardening!), pulled out the annuals, cut back some perennials, aerated and fertilized the lawn, took in the hoses, raked the leaves, and put my garden statues and birdbath in storage. I knew this had to be done sooner or later, but it always saddens me to see another summer come to an end.

One of my favorite spots in the summer is right outside my back door. My patio swing with my flowers and gardens around me is my little getaway where I can just sit and relax, or read a book, or pray, or talk on the phone, or even nap if I decide to! It is a great place to visit with friends and family and it is a wonderful spot in the evening when the stars are bright and the breeze is cool.

This is a photo of the view outside my door. I will miss my little piece of heaven over the next few months. Spring can't come soon enough!

3 comments:

  1. Im thinking we didnt get as much as they were calling for, so im thankful for that...

    looks like a great getaway spot for you Joanne...love all the flowers you have..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh very relaxing spot.
    A lil peace of heaven - I can see why you enjoy it so much:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...